213 to 212


semi-autobiographical
creative writing 
new york and los angeles.
isolation, identity, autonomy, globalism.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

plotting another escape

fuck you, walking back into my life brandishing a kitchen knife. cool blade as soft as your touch and i like it too much to say a thing. i just keep my eyes open wide, trying to look in yours while i navigate this city of sleazy bars and angry cars. don't say we never went that far. we teetered on the edge of everything insane, of everything sincere. and now you're here. there's a taxi waiting in the distance. i'm going to get in, leave you all behind. no more broken skin or misty walks by morningside. what we had is gone. i need to take this cab and sail away into the city night, quickly, without a fight. you've made it clear that what we had stopped before it ever started, so take me to JFK because i want to get away. go anywhere. the desert, where it's too warm to feel the ice that's formed around my heart, and if we're still apart in spirit i'll know it's not because of me. it's not the end. i'm starting over every day and i'm about to make my way through this maze of one way streets and sunsets on the beach, rooftops and goddess eyes, more than one lonely sunrise. i can make a life out of all the old. find a new clean path to illuminate my dreams and sort out all this madness because nothing's what it seems. when my world is upside down i need to slowly put it back one piece at a time into a brand new unfamiliar peace of mind.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Influences besides NY&LA: Francesca Lia Block, Mary, Courtney Love, Janet Fitch, Casey & Nick, Lindsay, My sisters, Rachel, Jessica, Melina, Gabe, Annie, Peggy Ellsberg & the Ells Girls aka Meli Julie & Sherrie, Jenny, Bob Dylan, Suede, Shirley Manson, Heidi Sigmund Cuda, Gwen Stefani, Bad Religion, Beyond Scents, thrift stores, JetBlue & the Airtrain, Telluride, Faith Hill, Peeps, Pete Wentz