213 to 212


semi-autobiographical
creative writing 
new york and los angeles.
isolation, identity, autonomy, globalism.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

be careful what you wish for

without you by my side the city breathes slow life into my lungs. taxis drive, i ride the train, routine finds me and when i least expect it i realize i'm fine. in your eyes we dance to silent songs, lifted by the wind. planets crawl along their paths. from a distance it all makes sense. i'm just so low except when you're around. i never thought i'd see you in this town. a quick burst of lightning brought me up and now i'm down where the streets are shitty there's trash on the ground and I'm all dressed up to dance until i can't be found above the crowd, on stage, a wooden puppet without a frown or a smile to make her real because a puppet doesn't feel. i can't erase the beauty of your eyes with shining planets hidden, solar systems where we'd feel so cool floating down the avenues, no gravity just you and me, making our parade of dreams last into the night,..

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Influences besides NY&LA: Francesca Lia Block, Mary, Courtney Love, Janet Fitch, Casey & Nick, Lindsay, My sisters, Rachel, Jessica, Melina, Gabe, Annie, Peggy Ellsberg & the Ells Girls aka Meli Julie & Sherrie, Jenny, Bob Dylan, Suede, Shirley Manson, Heidi Sigmund Cuda, Gwen Stefani, Bad Religion, Beyond Scents, thrift stores, JetBlue & the Airtrain, Telluride, Faith Hill, Peeps, Pete Wentz