213 to 212


semi-autobiographical
creative writing 
new york and los angeles.
isolation, identity, autonomy, globalism.

Monday, October 29, 2007

wonderland abyss

we’re floating and falling
beauty queens and Barbie dolls with
bouncy curls and tiny pinkie toes
stuffed into fuck me heels.
I was born a girl a fairy princess
I still don’t know
you probably think I’m a ho
I don’t care I dare you to try anyway
and if I let you in does that mean you're right?
this night won’t last its been a hundred nights
and dancing princesses twirl away into the cloudy abyss below
the fantasy land of morbid dreams
and queens rule the streets with their sculpted calves
want everything you could ever have? it's here
it's los angeles
the most intense city I’ve found
long ago I grew up and then down again
couldn’t ever really escape these prison streets
I'm here, pounding on the car window
screaming let me in
you begin and then the sun rises
the night is over and I disappear
the fantasy became a dream and went
where all dreams go

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Influences besides NY&LA: Francesca Lia Block, Mary, Courtney Love, Janet Fitch, Casey & Nick, Lindsay, My sisters, Rachel, Jessica, Melina, Gabe, Annie, Peggy Ellsberg & the Ells Girls aka Meli Julie & Sherrie, Jenny, Bob Dylan, Suede, Shirley Manson, Heidi Sigmund Cuda, Gwen Stefani, Bad Religion, Beyond Scents, thrift stores, JetBlue & the Airtrain, Telluride, Faith Hill, Peeps, Pete Wentz