213 to 212


semi-autobiographical
creative writing 
new york and los angeles.
isolation, identity, autonomy, globalism.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

out for nothing

NO ONE does theme nights like me and J. Sadly, J could not make it out to Naughty Schoolgirl night at the monthly club and I was left to theme it on my own. K and I made a special trip to the 2.99 store where I found a gothic wife beater and a pink and green plaid miniskirt that barely covered my ass. purple lizard heels made the outfit complete. Claudia staunchly refused to stray from her standard cocktail dress but still accompanied me to the club which was held in a sushi restaurant that also featured punk-rock karaoke. On our way over we learned that E would not see the hand picked slut outfit.
Maybe it was better that way.

We rolled in about half an hour before the dancing started. N stopped by to say hi and not much else. The dancers exploded on to the floor with an androgynous catholic school cheerleader mania. after the show the crowd dispersed to the dancefloor and smoking area. we finished a joint in the bathroom and decided to move on, viewing our $5 cover as yet another contribution to the scene. Whatever. We made the gesture of getting N's number incase either of our nights fizzled and then we booked over to the next best club Claudia could think of.

A glossy stone exterior radiated warmth. Inside, slick wood floors inside led to a huge balcony. Somehow we ran into A before we even made it up to the bar. he ed us to the dance floor where T moved to the music in a ray of moonlight. I joined him, exclaiming hello as I danced among my friends and his. He smiled. Live drums and the built-up energy of the dance show we just saw pushed me just lose it, I mean, really go crazy under the moonroof and the stars and drums. I guess some people think that’s cute.

We all ended up on the patio watching A try to number close a chick using palmisty. I detected a hint of resentment in his friend's running commentary. Apparantly his technique always works. Claudia snuggled against her boyfriend's arms as we smoked the rest of a spliff. Later, outside the club, T would not let me go. I had to pry myself out of his embrace, which A made a point to follow. I deferred Al’s request for my number, explaining he could get it from T, and we left.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Influences besides NY&LA: Francesca Lia Block, Mary, Courtney Love, Janet Fitch, Casey & Nick, Lindsay, My sisters, Rachel, Jessica, Melina, Gabe, Annie, Peggy Ellsberg & the Ells Girls aka Meli Julie & Sherrie, Jenny, Bob Dylan, Suede, Shirley Manson, Heidi Sigmund Cuda, Gwen Stefani, Bad Religion, Beyond Scents, thrift stores, JetBlue & the Airtrain, Telluride, Faith Hill, Peeps, Pete Wentz